Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Housewalk

I have loved following the Holiday Housewalk on Jennifer Rizzo's site this year.  All the houses are so beautiful with amazing detail.  They are inspiring and put together by talented women that have shared their gift of decor with us.  If you haven't taken a tour.. grab a warm cup of hot chocolate and settle in.. then go HERE to check it out.. you'll be glad you did..




I'm joining in on the fun so you can see what we've done at our house this year.  Welcome!

The traditional wreath and greenery around the door are my favorite part of my Christmas decorating.  It welcomes me home every day and makes me feel cozy before I even open the door.  

 This year we took extra wreaths outside and hung them on the gate to the back yard and on the back door.  I live on a corner so with the extra wreaths and the white Christmas lights on the fence it gives a little cheer all around the block.

 This is a new addition this year.  My sister has a cute countdown chalkboard at her house and I decided that it added a great pop of color by the front door.  I made this in about a half hour with things I had on hand..  (maybe a tutorial is in order...)
 We live in a rental and don't have the chance to change things. I guess a real mantel will have to wait..  This shelf made from plans from Ana-White was perfect for the traditional greenery and little pops of red.
 My children always decorate the Christmas tree.  They look forward to it every year.  This year it was colored lights and homemade ornaments that set the tone for a very traditional Christmas.
 Being a full time student and full time mom doesn't leave much for extra's.  We get creative around here using what we have.  This stocking hanger that we made fits in perfect with our traditional Christmas.

 This frame is also a new addition.  I could not figure out what to do with our cards this year, then I saw THIS and knew it would be perfect..  a bit of rummaging in my wood stash and about an hour later I was adding cards to my new fun card holder...
 Thanks for visiting and letting us show you a bit of our traditional Christmas this year.  

Don't forget to check out the linky party at jenniferrizzo.com more beautiful Christmas Home decor.

3 comments:

  1. I love your countdown chalkboard! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing your lovely holiday decor! I love the windows with the wreaths!

    ReplyDelete